Thursday, February 11, 2010

Great Pyrenees For Sale

Great Pyrenees: If you are a rancher or a farmer with livestock; especially small animals like goats or sheep, than this is a name that you are probably familiar with. A Great Pyrenees dog is one of the best LGDs’ (livestock guardian dog) you can get. I can say this from experience, since my wife and I run a Boer goat ranch along with having Berkshire pigs and Rhode Island Red chickens. Before we started using Great Pyrenees, we had several goats disappear; some times body parts were found where something had eaten them, and our chickens were completely wiped out twice. We got our Great Pyrenees dogs and have not had anything disappear in 2 years; so I am a believer in how well they work.
Now our Great Pyrenees male and our ¾ Great Pyrenees, ¼ Anatolian Shepherd female have given us puppies. I have been working with the puppies to try and determine if they’re going to follow in their parents’ footsteps of keeping the predators away from the livestock. I have been surprised by how well they are responding. You usually find them out with the goat herd or wandering around the pens with the chickens and pigs. I think they will grow up and be exceptional guardians. We have the mother and 8 puppies for sale.
http://detourranch.com

No comments:

Post a Comment